We strive to provide a competitive asbestos testing service which operates in two ways, either:
- The Client double-bags and labels a small sample of the material to be tested and delivers it to us. The cost of this service is charged per sample.
- One of our qualified surveyors arranges a site visit to take a sample of the material for the client. It is then labelled and double-bagged. This service is also charged per sample however a minimal site visit charge may be applied, which is variable depending on geographical location.
In both cases the samples are sent to a UKAS accredited laboratory for analysis and results are normally available within 24 to 48hrs.
Optimum Asbestos Solutions provides two types of asbestos survey:
Asbestos Management Survey:
The Management survey’s purpose is to locate, as far as reasonably practicable, the presence and extent of any suspect ACM’s in the building which could be damaged or disturbed during normal occupancy, including foreseeable maintenance and to assess their condition. It is a non-destructive practical assessment.
Asbestos Refurbishment and Demolition Survey:
An in-depth refurbishment and demolition survey is needed before any refurbishment or demolition work is carried out. This type of survey is used in the areas where the refurbishment or demolition work will take place. The survey will be fully intrusive and involve destructive inspection as necessary, to gain access to all areas, including those that may be difficult to reach. A refurbishment and demolition survey may also be required in other circumstances, e.g. when more intrusive maintenance and repair work will be carried out or for plant removal or dismantling.
Whatever your reason for requiring an asbestos survey of your premises, domestic or commercial, our excellent field skills will find, locate (as far as is reasonably practical) and identify any asbestos containing materials (ACM’s) within your premises. We pride ourselves on our survey reports and believe them to be the best in the business; all including the following:
- Easy to understand summaries of work undertaken
- Site plans detailing all sampling points
- Colour photographs of all sampling points and suspicious materials
- Risk assessments
- An asbestos register of all asbestos containing materials
- Laboratory certification of analysis
- Easy to understand conclusions and recommendations
Reports are presented in PDF format, however CD or hard copies can be made available.